Historical Archive

Pharmaceutical: Dompe' buys 100% Anabasis (ocular pathologies)

(AGI) - Milan, Feb. 28 – The Dompe' group has signed an agreement for the acquisition of 100% from Anabasis Srl, an Italian biotech company specializing in research and development in the field of eye diseases. Dompe had already acquired a share of 49% in January 2011, in the framework of a license and co-development agreement. Today, based on the agreement reached, Dompe' has become the sole shareholder of Anabasis having acquired the remaining 51% of the shares, through an upfront payment and subsequent installments related to the development and marketing of drugs for the treatment of pathological conditions. Anabasis, founded in 1999 by a group of Italian researchers, among the first to conduct studies on the use of Nerve Growth Factor (Ngf) – the discovery of which earned Professor Rita Levi-Montalcini the Nobel Prize – has developed an ophthalmic formulation of Ngf for the preclinical and clinical stages of various pathologies affecting both the anterior part of the eye, such as neurotrophic keratitis and dry eye syndrome, and the posterior part, such as retinitis pigmentosa and glaucoma. "Anabasis represents a unique opportunity for Dompe', as it integrates into the broader development project of the group which aims to expand internationally - declared the president Sergio Dompe' - in a context in which awareness of ophthalmic pathologies is growing more and more, there is a need for new approaches for their treatment. This investment represents our responsible contribution for patients suffering from these pathologies, because it marks a significant step forward compared to the therapeutic solutions currently available". (AGI) .

Articoli correlati

Back to top button
Fedaiisf Federazione delle Associazioni Italiane degli Informatori Scientifici del Farmaco e del Parafarmaco